On March 20th, St. Patrick’s held its 2021 St. Patrick's Tennis Tournament on our recently re-surfaced courts, courtesy of donations from our Gala attendees. Our basketball court and soccer field were also updated using those same funds.
In front of an enthusiastic crowd, five doubles teams participated in the tournament. The teams were well-balanced based on their tennis skills and this led to a very exciting event. The participants included:
- Team A: Dcn. Paul Park from the Diocese of Suwon and Francis Hai Pham from the Diocese of Honolulu
- Team B: Fr. Khoa Nguyen, OFM and Leandro Calingasan from the Archdiocese of San Francisco
- Team C: Pancratio Yoon from the Diocese of Honolulu and Benjamin Condon from the Diocese of Sacramento
- Team D: Chi-Nhan Vo from the Archdiocese of Portland and Joshua Lesan from the Diocese of Stockton
- Team E: Akbar Saul Walle Perez from the Diocese of Stockton and Nicolas Castoldi from the Diocese of Spokane
In a strongly contested tournament, the winners were Team D: Chi-Nahn Vo and Joshua Lesan. As a prize, they were able to receive $250, donated by benefactors. Dcn. Paul Park, the organizer of the tournament stated, "I was glad that all the participants enjoyed the tournament. I was also happy that other seminarians, who did not play, came and cheered for their fellow seminarians. I hope we can have more events like this tournament so that we can build up friendship and relationship with each other."
We want to thank the entire St. Patrick's community for their support of our sporting facilities so we can have these fun events that builds a camaraderie and contributes to their human formation. A small photo slideshow done by Dereck Delgado from the Archdiocese of San Francisco is below.